Getting approved for a home loan shouldn't be difficult. That's why we encourage you to schedule a no-cost Live Video or Phone consultation with one of our experienced and licensed mortgage professionals. They will make the process fast and easy by helping you decide if now is the time to complete a home loan transaction.
We are serious about protecting your privacy and only allow licensed and experienced mortgage professionals to meet with you and explain how we can help you accomplish your home loan goals.
Additionally, to meet the safety demands and adapt to the concerns of these current times, we can perform most of the work to complete your home loan over a Live Video or Phone consultation.
Once you feel confident in hiring us to complete your home loan, we will help you with your mortgage application. Then we will send you a link to digitally sign your application and upload the lender-required documents through our secure online portal.
A note for Home Buyers: Having a pre-purchase home inspection performed by a home inspector is a visual examination of the accessible areas. It will fully inform you of the home's condition before completing your purchase. While a home inspection is not required, we highly recommended you get one.
With over 20 years of assisting Mortgage and Real Estate clients in cities throughout California and Montana, we have found these steps clarify what you can expect during your home loan:
- Application: This is a standard mortgage application required by all lenders when you apply for a home loan. One of our licensed mortgage professionals will meet with you to complete the application correctly, minimize errors, and speed up the approval process with fewer closing conditions. We offer the following meeting options:
- Online live video
- In-person at our Costa Mesa office or your home (if you reside within a couple of hours radius from our primary location)
- For application meetings, we require that you have your application documents ready to review during our session. You can find the list of application documents noted on our home loan checklist by clicking here
- During your consultation, we will inquire about your home mortgage goals, your property tax costs, your consumer debts and related expenses, and your income and assets.
- Pre-approval: The lender issues this after your application and all required documents are received, the lender obtains their credit report, and completes electronic underwriting. We will review your pre-approval with you and may request additional records if the lender requires them.
- In Processing: We will send initial home loan disclosures for your review and electronic signatures. Your assigned mortgage professional will explain and answer all of your questions. Should you decide to proceed, our processors will gather any outstanding documents and prepare your file for final lender review.
- Appraisal & Escrow/Title Examination: We order your appraisal, title insurance, and open escrow when our processors start working on your file. Having all parties work simultaneously allows us to have your complete mortgage file ready for the underwriter to review. Also, note that some properties may qualify for an appraisal waiver, resulting in less work and quicker loan funding.
- Underwriting: A lender underwriter will review your complete loan file to ensure your loan meets their guidelines before dispositioning your loan. If everything is verified and accurately submitted the first time, we should receive a very clean approval.
- Approval with Conditions: If your loan is approved, the lender underwriter may request additional documents or clarification. Just know this is so they can meet their loan guidelines and fund your home loan request. Our processors will work with you, escrow, title, appraisers, and home inspectors to gather these additional conditions.
- Clear To Close: The underwriter reviews and clears all approval conditions so your loan will be ready to close. We will verify and lock your home loan interest rate and then send you the loan estimate and closing disclosures to electronically sign. We will also schedule your final loan document signing.
- Documents Drawn: Once you schedule your final loan document signing, we instruct the lender to prepare your final mortgage documents for you to review on your scheduled closing day.
- Closing: The day you sign all your loan documents. We can complete this at:
- The escrow office
- Your location with a mobile notary
- Your electronic device with secure e-signing
- Funding: Your final home loan documents are accepted, and the lender funds your loan, escrow disburses those funds to all parties, and title records the transaction with the county.
- Reviews: After your loan is complete, we will contact and encourage you to leave us a review on our Google, Facebook, or Yelp.